The 3rd Trimester Blues

What a rollercoaster the last 5 days have been! Let’s start with Friday.
Friday I was just happy it was Friday lol. The end of another work week, thank God! However, my round ligament pain was driving me crazy! So much so that by Friday afternoon I was begging my boss for two of her Tylenol extra strength because the pain was becoming too much. I took two and…nothing. It did absolutely nothing. Le sigh. Just another pregnancy symptom I have to deal with. Oh well.
Saturday was an exciting day. It was the day we got to see Bean on 3d! We were so excited, and I was super nervous. What if something was wrong??? OMG I was so scared. As I laid back on the table and she put the warm (yes, warm!) gel on my belly, I started to relax. Bean was just hanging out as usual lol. She had her feet on my bladder which explained why I had to pee literally every 5 minutes (such a sweet child she is). We signed up for a 20 minute session. Unfortunately, after 30 minutes, Bean STILL didn’t want to turn and say hi to the camera. She is incredibly stubborn. The tech did everything she could to make her move. She kept shaking my belly, turning me over, everything! Bean would simply put her hand over her head, or curl up in a ball lol. Awww, I love her! Finally we talked about me going to get something to eat to get her moving and coming back. It was then that Bean decided to kind of turn towards us. These are the best pics we could get:


We get to go back at 32 weeks for another go at it. I hope things aren’t too smushed to see anything at that time. As we traveled back home I was troubled by the pain in my lower abdomen again. I mean, it was like the round ligament pain times 10. I wasn’t getting why it was so horrible this time. At any rate we went home, eventually got dressed for Halloween, and headed out to Adams Morgan. By the time I got there I was really in pain, but refused to ruin the night because of my round ligament pain. We walked around a lot, enjoyed looking at everyone’s costume for a couple of hours, headed to one of our favorite coffee shops/bar/lounges, then headed home. I took a Tylenol pm as soon as I got home. It worked for a while, so I was able to get some sleep. Score!
Sunday morning I was suddenly an old woman with osteoporosis. I was in terrible pain all day long! I took Tylenol pm again when we got home from church and visiting hubbies family but…nothing! It did absolutely nothing. By Sunday night I was having contractions. Constantly having contractions like every 6 minutes. Thing is, this was horrible! I had contractions last month, but those were bearable. They came, they went, I had time to breathe you know? But this pain??? was constant, and it was killing me.
Monday I called the doctor. He saw me at 2pm. My pastor drove me up and waited for me. Apparently the fibroid I have in the lower right side of my abdomen has doubled in size. Niiice. The doc didn’t know if I had kidney stones, fibroid issues, contractions or what, so he sent me to L&D. After waiting there for some time and having test run they were able to conclude this: I was indeed having minor contractions. The problem was that my fibroid was disintegrating and causing me a lot of pain. The fibroid was what made my contractions feel as if I was about to give birth immediately. There is nothing the docs can do about this. Nothing. My doctor said the pain usually passes in a week or so. I’m praying that’s right. They gave me two Percocet to take while I was there, and a prescription to get filled. They told me to take Percocet around the clock for 24 hours and then and the next day alternate between Percocet and extra strength Tylenol. So, Tuesday I stayed home and drugged myself up. Today I’m back at work, but barely. The pain isn’t as bad now that the contractions are gone, but it still hurts very much. The Percocet still doesn’t get rid of all of the pain, but it does make it tolerable. I started out the day walking upright but now I’m hunched over again, aching to get home, le sigh.
The good news is that I’m okay and so is bean. You would think the Percocet would make her sluggish, but nope, she’s still kicking the crap outta me lol. I’m still praying that this too shall pass
:-/
~LAJ

0 comments: