My Birth Story Part II: Dazed and Confused

I had all hopes that the epidural would be easy breezy, but that thing hurt like a &%*#$!!! It was the most uncomfortable and painful thing I had ever felt. I am mentally scarred and petrified to get one in the future. In fact, I still have pain sometimes at the site of the epidural smh.

Anywho, they gave me the epidural, then I freaked out. I couldn't feel my legs. Scariest.thing.evah! I don't like being that out of control. When Jonathan came in he asked me what was wrong...everything! The epidural sucked, I couldn't feel my legs, they were about to cut into me. Boo hiss boo.I'm laying down on the table and they put up the sheet. Hubby is eagerly waiting. I, on the other hand, am dry heaving! The epi was making me sick! They had to get me a pan to throw up in (which I didn't) and pump me with anti-nausea medicine, then they started the procedure. Everythign was going fine until I started blacking out a little. Then they cut me on the right side and I could feel it. I was so loopy that I had to slowly and steadily say my words "I can feel that!". After saying that 3 times hubbs assured me that the anestheseologist(sp?) was pumping me full of medicine. Then...I black out. I'm out, just done.Periodically I come to and I hear words like "this is impossible" and "fibroid". At one point I open my eyes and see the anes...yeah, that person...pulling a rope that's connected to some tool inside of me and the doctor is yelling for him to pull harder. He was now atleast 10ft behind me pulling O_o. I gladly passed back out at that point. The next time I come to I here "got her!" then I hear a little person le sigh. She le sighed! She's mine :~) Out again I go. I open my eyes and they are holding this white baby upside down. I said "Jonathan...Jonathan...why is she so white?" I have no clue what he said because I passed back out. Moments later he's saying my name and shaking me because they were showing me the baby. I say "Hi Johanna" and then knock back out. The next time I come to I'm in recovery and we have visitors! Jonathan's mom and sister Angie was there, BIL Larry, my Aunt Lola and my babies godmother Tomika. He took them to the nursery to see the new bundle of joy:

Later his father stopped by and they finally brought the baby in. I held her and looked at her, but I was missing the connection. I was way too drugged. After awhile they finally wheeled me to my room for the night. I had to stay in the observation room because of my c-section. The way Jonathan explained it is this: My bag of water was huge! There was water everywhere when they broke it. I lost a lot of blood. The doctor was sliding around in it *shudders*. They got rid of one of my fibroids because they could get to the baby for it being in the way. However, just like I did to my mom, Johanna went high up in my side and they had a really hard time reaching her (hence the anes...pulling the rope). Apparently I had a really bad and awkward incision so they wanted to monitor me.



Now, we get in the room and the nurses have to press on my stomach/pelvis. No one tells you this before you have a baby. That is now officially the worse pain I've ever felt. I imagine it hurts when you've had a vaginal delivery but my God! I just had a horrid c-section! It hurt so bad that I was crying and begging the nurse not to do it anymore. And there was so much blood! Ugh. After they were done I was able to hold my baby. I told her that I loved her and just watched her sleep. Then I slept.



The next day they moved me to a private room. Oh joy. This is where I learned that I wasn't able to do anything on my own. I had to stand up with nurses, use the bathroom with nurses, get cleaned by nurses...I'm just glad I'm not body shy because if I were that would be so embarassing! I had three visitors that day: My dad, my good friend Mare, and Jonathan's father who just couldn't get enough of Johanna!


All seemed well it really did. Then, saturday came...

0 comments: